Beverly School for the Deaf
Our curriculum is based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Framework. The School’s curriculum coordinator works with each teacher to determine curriculum goals and develops an outline for the year. The coordinator and teacher meet throughout the year to review the curriculum and update as needed. The coordinator also ensures that the teachers are implementing the appropriate Curriculum Framework goals, based on the individual needs and IEP of each student. The curriculum department oversees student MCAS preparation and testing, and submission of MCAS portfolios. Our goal is to implement a curriculum that focuses on the individual needs and IEP of each student while following the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- Ensure all students are given challenging and comprehensive instruction aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Offer a safe learning environment that promotes creativity and critical thinking.
- Assess and report individual academic and social development in a routine manner.
- Promote school/family collaboration by meeting the whole needs of the child.
- Use current research-based best practices in Deaf education.
- Believe each student can develop and achieve academic sucess, individual talents and life skills.