The Consult Services at CCCBSD will provide specialists to collaborate with school personnel and families to ensure best practices for the education of students. Mainstreamed deaf and hearing students with communication delays may need specialized support in their home schools as well. A certified Teacher of the Deaf, special needs teacher, or psychologist specializing in deafness can provide the expertise and assistance to classroom teachers and school administrators needed.
Our Consult Services include:
- Direct service or consultative support to the student’s team.
- School-wide trainings regarding Deafness/hearing loss.
- Sign language classes for school personnel or peers.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Psychological Assessment
- Social/Emotional and academic evaluations.
We also provide individualized consulting for families of children newly diagnosed with hearing loss and/or communication challenges. Families may decide to incorporate additional communication therapies into their child’s day. CCCBSD can arrange for private, hourly language therapy in your home. This privately paid service would be beyond those listed on the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
For more information, contact Executive Director, Mark Carlson email@example.com.